Thursday, August 22, 2019

I'm Walking the Camino - Sort of

So I'm a 74 year old out of shape couch potato, and yesterday I was trying to see if I could find something online that would inspire me to start and stick to a walking routine.  I stumbled onto something called "Walking 4 Fun" , a virtual walking site, where you could choose your trail and it would provide maps, pictures, and a walking log.  Curious, I investigated further, and found that the Camino was listed.  It's around 560 something miles.  Hahaha!  At the rate I walk, it could take a couple of years.  But ever since watching the movie "The Way" with Martin Sheen, I wished that I could do this - in another lifetime, with another more fit body.  LOL  So, here I go.  So far today I walked .7 miles.  Yes, that's "point 7".  I also knew that if I were really walking the Camino, I would want to sketch along the way.  Me, the procrastinator, who keeps joining sketching challenges and bailing before the end of the month.  So I ordered a book from Amazon called "Sketching the Camino" for inspiration, and later today will find an empty sketchbook and I will be on my way.

I'm not doing this as a "fake journal" ala Roz S.  I  will describe my actual mileage on walking trails at home, but with sketches of the Camino from the photos provided by the program.

Today is a painting day with a friend, so I may not get another walk in, but I'm wearing my Fitbit and will accumulate a small amount of steps as I go thru my day.  Who knows, I may be inspired to do another walk this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment